Adam Hamburg is an experienced and respected litigation attorney who has represented clients in a wide range of matters involving various complex legal issues in both state and federal courts. With an extensive background in complex litigation, Adam represents clients in the areas of general litigation, mortgage banking litigation, commercial and business disputes, tort and negligence actions, consumer financial services litigation, construction, real estate litigation, corporate governance and partnership disputes, labor and employment, products liability, and trade secret litigation.
During the course of his career, Adam has developed a reputation for vigorous and successful representation of his clients by achieving exceptional results at the trial level.
- On behalf of a bank client, successfully defeated a $35 million claim for violation of The Bank Holding Company Act and claims for fraud on summary judgment arising out of a $1 billion real estate development project.
- Obtained a $2.6 million summary judgment against a real estate developer on behalf of a bank client in connection with a breach of a commercial loan obligation.
- Obtained a $2.8 million judgment after a trial involving multiple consolidated cases and cross-claims in a commercial real estate dispute between a lender and real estate developer.
- Obtained a $5.5 million summary judgment on behalf of a lender against a guarantor who guaranteed a multi-million loan secured by real property in connection with a residential real estate development project in Riverside County.
- Successfully defeated a class certification motion in a class-action against an automotive dealer client that resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Served as lead counsel on the work-out of a $500 million loan portfolio that was acquired by a bank client through a FDIC asset purchase, which involved numerous separate legal actions in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts throughout California.
- Obtained a $3.5 million verdict after a multi-week bench trial on behalf of a bank client in connection with fraud and breach of contract claims arising out of a loan participation agreement with another bank.
- Obtained a $3.7 million verdict after a multi-week bench trial on behalf of a bank client in connection with a breach of contract claim arising out of a loan participation agreement with another bank.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a trial involving a breach of contract claim in connection with the purchase and sale of a $14 million residence in Laguna Beach, CA.
- Obtained a judgment of dismissal for an automotive dealership association in a multi-million dollar wrongful death action after prevailing on a motion for summary judgment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for an international industrial manufacturer client in connection with a multi-million dollar product liability case involving industrial gases equipment.
- Obtained a judgment of dismissal for an automotive dealer in a products liability case after prevailing on a motion for summary judgment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for an RV dealer client in connection with a multi-million dollar product liability case involving a motorhome.