Chris represents financial institutions, health care companies/providers, and other businesses in a wide range of business, corporate, and commercial litigation. His experience includes real estate litigation, defending toxic tort claims, product liability actions, business disputes, fraud claims, and counseling partners and shareholders in litigation and dissolution proceedings. Chris frequently represents clients in matters involving trade secrets, non-competition agreements, and the enforcement of restrictive covenants. He also advises clients in a variety of industries on day-to-day business operations.
- Represented an industrial plant in a suit filed by regulatory authorities to enjoin all operations at a multi-million dollar facility. After a week-long trial, the court entered a verdict denying the regulatory authority’s request for an injunction and only awarded it $5,000 in damages.
- Following a four-day trial, received a favorable settlement on behalf of majority shareholders in a case involving claims of shareholder oppression.
- Served as lead counsel representing a lender in a series of toxic tort cases. Achieved a settlement significantly under the client’s agreed settlement value.
- Following a three-day hearing on the merits, obtained a TRO and preliminary injunction prohibiting a former employee from taking information and customers from a national health care client to a competitor.
- Represented mortgage servicer in reformation action to correct a legal description so it would include a residence located on a large tract of land.
- Represented numerous mortgage servicers in contested foreclosures challenging standing, failure to offer modifications, and compliance with TILA and RESPA.
- Represented bank in litigation involving allegations of fraud and slander of title arising from the purchase and refinancing of several parcels of land.
- Represented bank interests in litigation between trust beneficiaries seeking a sale for division.
- Represented lender in a lien priority dispute filed by a subordinate mortgagee.