McGlinchey Stafford’s widely recognized litigation team defends Fortune 500 corporations and financial institutions, national and regional businesses, insurers, and entrepreneurs in a full range of commercial litigation issues.
While our practice is broad, we maintain a special emphasis on complex corporate and contract disputes, creditors’ rights litigation on behalf of financial institutions and lenders, and lender representation in bankruptcies and workouts.
For every litigation matter, we employ an approach that is cost and time-efficient, business-practical, and solution-driven. Highly trained paralegal and technology teams support our firm’s litigators in order to expedite case management and ensure consistent, timely client communications.
A steadfast focus on risk management is also a hallmark of our practice. We leverage our team’s experience and in-depth client knowledge to streamline the litigation process and help our clients avoid or minimize future litigation wherever possible.
Frequently, commercial conflicts and disputes require representation before various regulatory, administrative, and governmental agencies. Our firm’s government relations team assists clients in achieving legislative and regulatory solutions as part of our litigation strategies.
McGlinchey Stafford attorneys also maintain productive relationships with key agencies across our clients’ industries. We protect their interests before federal, state, and local authorities, including during inquiries and investigations conducted by the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice.
Additional litigation strength is found in our class action defense team. Our varied experiences and creative strategies are successfully employed in cases nationwide and across a multitude of industries.
Our firm is nationally renowned for its award-winning CAFA Law Blog. The first blog ever to focus on the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005, the McGlinchey Stafford CAFA blog is written by our trial lawyers, and covers every CAFA case in the country.
Because alternative dispute resolution is a significant component of a litigation game plan, our litigators are well versed in ADR. With a number of our attorneys trained as mediators and arbitrators, our familiarity with the ADR process helps us to achieve numerous favorable client outcomes in arbitration and mediation venues.
McGlinchey Stafford defends clients in multidistrict and class action matters involving:
- Antitrust and trade regulation
- Appellate practice
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Contract litigation
- Consumer financial services litigation
- Creditors’ rights
- Dealer and distributor terminations
- Debtor - creditor disputes
- Financial institutions
- Intellectual property
- Intercreditor disputes
- Manufacturer - distributor disputes
- Shareholders’ rights
We actively represent clients in the following industries:
- Automotive manufacturers
- Commercial finance companies
- Credit unions
- Defense contractors
- Energy engineering
- Insurance companies
- Financial institutions
- Mortgage lenders
Some of our major recent litigation achievements include:
- Defending a major national bank and its subsidiaries in dozens of related lender liability cases in state and federal courts, each involving multiple plaintiffs, on issues involving contract and fraud claims with national implications.
- Representing a lender in a federal appellate court case that validated the practices of this client and many other lenders, avoiding a potential adverse effect on the industry of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Restricting exposure in a high-damage intellectual property and breach of contract claim against a privately held, public-purpose bank.
- Resolving and handling cases of national importance involving developers’ rights when faced with zoning and other restrictions.
- Serving as counsel for major creditors in some of the largest bankruptcies in the Southern region.