A great deal of our work is focused on preventive measures to help clients avoid litigation. Our team helps companies take the proactive steps of developing sound policies and establishing constructive employee relations.
In the event that litigation becomes unavoidable, our attorneys focus on early intervention to deter protracted, reputation-damaging lawsuits. We have an extensive record of defense verdicts and summary judgment dismissals in claims involving wage and hour disputes, ERISA, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment under state and federal law.
It is critical that our clients maintain successful business operations in the event of litigation. We pursue quick, business-minded resolution to minimize costs, applying this focus to administrative hearings, arbitration, and mediation, as well as at trial. Our philosophy also includes a focus on smarter staffing as the key to effective and lean case management. Each case is treated with the utmost care for our clients’ interests, especially with regard to efficiency, communication, and budgeting.
With nationwide experience at state and federal levels, we are experienced in collaborating closely with local counsel and serving as regional litigation directors, emphasizing consistent corporate litigation strategy and cost-effective case management regardless of jurisdiction or type of matter.
For companies facing challenges in California, our significant experience in the state allows us to provide experienced guidance on statutes that can be problematic for employers, in addition to our offering of programs to ensure compliance with unique California guidelines and statutes.
Our team is proven to achieve success in defending employers and obtaining settlements, judgments, and verdicts in:
- Discrimination matters, including individual and class-based claims of race, sex, gender, pregnancy, national origin, religion, age, and disability
- Wrongful termination and discharge
- Wage and hour class action litigation, including California’s Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) claims
- Sarbanes-Oxley and whistleblower claims
- ERISA, FMLA, and ADA issues
- EEOC pattern and practice and systemic claims
- Employee benefits, including retiree medical benefits
- Nonsubscriber occupational injuries
- Workers’ compensation discrimination and retaliation
- Noncompetition and nonsolicitation disputes
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) class actions
- Breach of contract and trade secret disputes
- Wage and hour collective actions