Experienced at all aspects of insurance regulation, McGlinchey Stafford provides comprehensive legal coverage for health, life, property and casualty insurance companies, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations and insurance divisions within Fortune 500 manufacturing companies.
Our attorneys anticipate regulatory concerns and evaluate risks before they become problematic. We also guide clients on continued compliance with evolving statutes and regulations.
During the process, issues may arise related to business law litigation, tax and healthcare. Using the firm's extensive experience in these areas, attorneys provide insurers with multistate and nationwide counsel in such areas as:
- Agency Formation
- Acquisitions and Divestitures of Books of Business
- Organizational and Operational Counsel
- Licensing and Regulatory Approvals
- Rate, Quarterly and Annual Filings
- Insurance Product Development and Regulation
- High Deductible Health Plans
- Consumer Credit Products
- Insurance Holding Company Reporting
- Insurance Agency, Reinsurance, Retrocession and Intermediary Agreements
- Market Conduct Examinations
- Regulatory Hearings and Enforcement Actions
- Risk Retention Groups
- Captive Reinsurance and Self Insurance
- Defense of Business Litigation
- Voluntary Liquidations and Insolvencies
Should statutory violations occur, we maintain productive relationships with key authorities and represent clients’ interests before administrative departments and agencies. Our familiarity with the insurance environment allows us to resolve regulatory disputes quickly and favorably for our clients.
Practice Focus and Clients
McGlinchey Stafford advises insurance producers, agencies and companies, managed care companies, third-party administrators, and reinsurers.
A significant number of our clients are HMOs and PPOs. Our attorneys also counsel manufacturers, such as car and heavy equipment makers, seeking to remain compliant as they expand customer services and establish their own insurance subsidiaries.
We support clients’ growth strategies. We have achieved simultaneous and expedited HMO and Medicare licensing in Louisiana for a national healthcare provider. And our regulatory team has extensive experience obtaining licenses in all fifty states for newly structured insurance agencies.
McGlinchey Stafford lawyers are active in state and national insurance regulation and compliance organizations such as the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Consumer Credit Insurance Association and Federation of Regulatory Counsel.