As the boundaries of modern business expand, we guide and assist clients in international matters, with the firm’s varied experience in international litigation, arbitration, and transactional matters serving as the basis for our advice.
McGlinchey Stafford represents domestic, foreign-based, and global companies, including chemical companies, hospitality groups, hotels, insurers, manufacturers, and maritime clients, and other businesses and their interests. Our global client base includes companies based in Africa, Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and North and South America.
We have built considerable experience working across cultures, including on matters related to discovery from foreign entities.
We help our clients in areas such as:
- Acquisitions of businesses and offshore assets
- Bankruptcy, including Chapter 15
- Contract negotiations with foreign governments and business entities
- Environmental advice, including environmental requirements associated with the manufacture, import, export, and distribution of chemicals and products
- Foreign investment in U.S. companies, including EB-5
- Imports and exports
- International arbitration
- International financing transactions
- Joint venture formations
- Jones Act
- Labor and employment
- Litigation, including products liability and intellectual property rights
- Patents, copyrights, and trademarks
- Real estate purchases and sales
The firm’s Consumer Financial Services Compliance team provides advice and support for international companies doing business or investing in the United States, as well as with international transactions. Our work includes providing advice and regulatory assistance for transactions involving foreign entities, individuals, and investors. We also have substantive experience counseling companies seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States.
With regard to immigration and naturalization services, our attorneys represent corporations and businesses, including shipbuilders, hotels, and churches seeking to bring executives, managers, investors, and other professionals — as well as seasonal workers — to the United States on a temporary, nonimmigrant basis. We can also guide nonresidents through the process of adjusting their status to permanent resident or citizen.
Additionally, McGlinchey Stafford represents the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Louisiana as Honorary Consul. The Honorary Consul for the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Louisiana serves to represent, promote, and protect the interests of the Netherlands and the Dutch people in the United States as well as promote economic and trade relations between the two countries.
A few representative professional organizations in which our attorneys are active include:
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- International Trademark Association